These are the skin and body goodies we’re loving at the new Kiehl’s store in Edgars, Sandton.
Do you want to be one of five lucky Jo’burg fans to win a ticket to the official launch of Kiehl’s at Edgars, Sandton City, on Thursday, 13 September and receive a fab goodie bag? Tell us in the comment box at the end of this article why you think you should be there! Winners will be announced on Tuesday, 11 September.
Over the years, when travelling overseas, I purchased numerous tubes of Kiehl’s classic and bestselling Lip Balm and ensured I had one in a selection of handbags, my car (tip: not a good idea in our climate), next to my bed and in my kids’ schoolbags. Although I do still love the Lip Balm, it was only when I experienced a sneak preview of a full Kiehl’s store prior to the launch of their store in Edgars, Sandton City, that I realised what else I was missing out on.
• The Deluxe Hand & Body Lotion, R249, was introduced by Kiehl’s in 1960 and the same formula is still going strong today. It contains aloe vera and oatmeal, and is available in a variety of scents. I love the way it makes my hands feel super silky, but not oily.
• The original Crème de Corps, from R210, seems to be a favourite with everyone. It’s an incredibly hydrating body moisturiser and an absolutely pampering experience. I’m also quite addicted to the Crème de Corps Soy Milk and Honey Body Polish, R329 - a luxurious, creamy formula that gently exfoliates skin without drying.
• At R729, the Superbly Restorative Argan Body Lotion is not a cheap fix, but fix it does! It absorbs in seconds and helps improve the skin’s tone and texture. I would stock up on this in buckets if I could.
• Acai Damage-Protecting Toning Mist, R375, is a 100% organic antioxidant-enriched toner that helps balance and refine the skin’s tone and texture. It’s fab for improving the appearance of pores.
• Midnight Recovery Concentrate, R549, is a potent overnight repair treatment that helps to regenerate and replenish the skin. This works unbelievably well on skin that has been subjected to too many late nights.
• Midnight Recovery Eye, R335, is infused with the same natural ingredients as Midnight Recovery Concentrate, as well as Butcher’s Broom, which helps strengthen the under-eye area. It’s also great for reducing puffiness and dark circles.
• Facial Fuel Eye-De-puffer, R369 (75ml travel size is R279), is a cooling stick with caffeine and herbal extracts that refreshes and revives tired eyes. It’s the perfect flying companion.
• Vitamin-enriched and non-oily, Facial Fuel SPF15, R369, invigorates, re-energises and protects. Great for morning-after tired skin.
• The multi-purpose Cross-terrain All-in-one Refueling Wash, R229 (or R109 for 75ml travel size) can be used on hair, face and body, and as a shaving aid. It’s super energising, but also conditioning.
• All-Sport Everyday Shampoo, R199, is a gentle daily cleansing rinse – ideal for sporty people and a great one for the guys.
• Being the owner of a head of unruly hair, I’m a fan of Superbly Smoothing Argan Shampoo, R235. Silicone, sulfate, and paraben-free, it’s formulated with fairly-traded argan oil and is a gentle cleanser that smoothes the hair and gives an amazing shine.
• Extra-Strength Conditioning Rinse With Added Coconut, R235, has been around for three decades and still detangles, conditions and moisturises.